Tomato Basil Chicken
- 8 oz chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce no added sugar or oil
- 2 cups tomato chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil rolled and sliced into ribbons plus more for garnish
- olive oil cooking spray
- Season chicken with dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Spritz a large skillet with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook until browned on the outside, then set aside.
- Add chicken broth, onion and garlic to the same pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Return chicken to pan and add tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, and fresh basil. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable