Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- 8 oz shrimp
- 8 oz hot dogs or sausage no added sugar, preservatives or oil, see recipe notes
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup okra, sliced fresh or frozen
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice see link in recipe notes
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning see link in recipe notes
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- green onion, for garnish
- olive or coconut oil cooking spray
- Spritz a large stock pot with cooking spray and add shrimp and hot dogs. Cook over medium heat until hot dogs are browned and shrimp is pink. Then set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup broth to the skillet and add onion, celery and peppers. Cook on medium until onions are translucent, then set aside with hot dogs.
- Spritz stock pot with cooking spray and add okra. Cook on medium heat until browned, but not sticky or stringy.
- Return shrimp, hot dogs and vegetables to stock pot. Add remaining broth, Cauliflower Rice, tomatoes, arrowroot powder, Cajun Seasoning, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.