Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups red bell pepper, halved, seeds removed
- 1 cup medium onion, quartered, separated
- 3 cloves garlic
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups chicken broth no added sugar or oil
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes no added sugar or oil
- 1 16 oz jar roasted red peppers no added sugar or oil
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread tomatoes, pepper, onion and garlic cloves in a single layer. Spritz with cooking spray and roast for 45 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, add remaining ingredients and heat through on low. When roasted vegetables are ready, add them to the pot.
- Bring to a soft boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth (or blend in a blender in small batches).
1 serving = 2 cups vegetable For a creamy texture, add 1 cup pureed cottage cheese.