Panfakes (Large Batch)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt plus more for topping
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaxseed, ground
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp xylitol, divided or 1 tsp SweetLeaf Stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- coconut oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, vanilla, flaxseed, baking powder, 1 tablespoon xylitol, cinnamon and salt. Let sit about 2 minutes to allow batter to thicken.
- Spritz a large hot skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter in small rounds, about 4" in diameter.
- When batter bubbles (which it will do pretty quickly), flip, wait a few seconds, remove and place on plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Mix strawberries with 1 tablespoon xylitol.
- Top panfakes with strawberry mixture and more yogurt.
- Recipe works well with a waffle iron.
- Instead of strawberries, try topping with Caramel Apple Pie, Strawberry Syrup or Fruit Compote.
- Can be stored in the freezer. Thaw 30-60 seconds before serving.
- Use as soft taco shells or sandwich "bread" by decreasing sweetener and/or replacing cinnamon with your choice of spices.