Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 2 cups onion, sliced into strips
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 cups bell pepper, sliced into strips variety of colors, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen Optional
- 4 cups Cauliflower rice see link in recipe notes
- olive or coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spritz a medium skillet with cooking spray and add onions. Saute until translucent.
- While the onions are sauteing, mix together dry spices.
- Place chicken strips in a large bowl, add the spice mixture and toss to coat.
- To the coated chicken, add the sauteed onions, tomatoes, peppers and green beans (optional). Stir to combine.
- Spritz a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in the chicken fajita mixture and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In the last five minutes of baking, steam the cauliflower rice in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
- Serve chicken fajitas over Cauliflower Rice.
1 serving = 4 oz. protein, 2 cups vegetable Click here for the Cauliflower Rice recipe. Phase II Variation: Add 4 tablespoons coconut or MCT oil to the seasoning mixture. (Some practitioners may allow coconut and MCT oil in Phase I)