Mexican Steak "Rice"
- 8 oz skirt or flank steak
- 1 Tbsp Tajin seasoning or to taste
- 2 cups Cauliflower rice see link in recipe notes
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- salsa, for garnish see link in recipe notes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally sprinkle both sides of steak with Tajin seasoning and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Coat a cast iron or skillet of choice with cooking spray. On high heat, sear the meat on each side until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Place in oven for 10-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak. Once desired temperature is reached (see note below) let steak sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Spray a separate skillet with cooking spray and saute cauliflower rice with salt, pepper and garlic powder until soft.
- Slice steak and serve over "rice."
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and salsa.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable Click here for the Cauliflower Rice recipe. Click here for the Salsa recipe. Tajin seasoning can be found in most grocery stores. If you are unable to find it, you can make your own by combining chili powder, lime zest and salt. Cook meat to desired temperature:
- with a thermometer, rare = 115°, medium = 140°, well-done = 155°
- if you do not have a meat thermometer, rare = touch of your chin, medium = touch of your nose, well-done = touch of your forehead