Mexican "Rice" Bowl
- 8 oz your choice of protein chicken breast, steak, ground chicken/turkey/beef, fish, shrimp, tofu
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning see link in recipe notes
- 1/2 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower rice see link in recipe notes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced fresh or canned
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- hot sauce optional
- fresh cilantro optional
- lime wedges
- Season protein with Taco Seasoning, cook and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add peppers, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup water. Cook until peppers are soft and onions are translucent.
- In a large sauce pan, add cauliflower rice and 1/4 cup water. Cook on medium until desired softness and warmed through. (You can also microwave cauliflower for 3 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Divide cauliflower rice into two bowls. Top with sofrito, protein, tomatoes, yogurt, hot sauce and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.