Lemon Dill Chicken
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 8 oz chicken breasts, filleted or pounded flat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped plus more for garnish
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until onions are translucent. Then, remove from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup broth, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and chicken. Sear the chicken on both sides, then set it aside.
- Add the onion and garlic back to the pan with remaining broth and lemon juice. Add arrowroot powder and fresh dill and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer on low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Plate chicken and spoon remaining sauce over chicken. Garnish with fresh dill.
1 serving = 4 oz protein Try with 8 oz white fish instead of chicken and add 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar to step 4.