Lemon Chicken and "Rice" Soup
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided no added sugar or oil
- 4 cups Cauliflower rice see link in recipe notes
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- fresh mint, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- In a stock pot, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, chicken breasts, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower rice is tender.
- Stir in spinach, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon slices.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable Click here for Cauliflower Rice recipe.