Kale and Red Cabbage Chicken Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- In a large pot, add broth and warm on medium heat. Then add all ingredients except 2 cloves of garlic, leeks and kale.
- In a small pan, add 2 tablespoons of broth, leeks and garlic. Sauté until leeks are translucent.
- Add sauteed leeks and garlic, celery, cabbage, turmeric, ginger, bay leaf, salt and pepper to warmed broth. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until cabbage and celery are tender.
- Add the kale and fresh herbs and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.