SHAPE ReClaimed success! So far, I have lost 57 lbs. and many inches. I also have to go shopping for clothes that fit.
That stuff is obvious and expected. It is the unexpected that is so awesome. I call this the “It’s nice” list.
It’s nice when…
- Your chest is no longer in your drawers and your belly is no longer over your belt.
- Your “see food” diet is more politically correct. It is getting greener and greener.
- You don’t worry about dripping toothpaste on your belly when brushing your teeth.
- Your belly no longer hits your leg when you drive.
- You can put your belt on while actually wearing the pants.
- Your side of the bed seems a lot bigger.
- You have to add more holes to your belt to make it smaller instead of bigger.
- You look down toward the ground and see things you haven’t seen for years.
- You’re able to get up and down off the floor without the inner cry, “God help me.”
- You’re able to do a “chest bump” with friends instead of a “belly bounce.”
- You’re able to hug someone without bending forward to avoid the great “belly divide.”
- You realize that you are no longer a fathead because you had to change the hatband size on your baseball caps.
- Tying your shoes no longer requires holding your breath or exhaling and using a step or chair for assistance to bend over.
- You can lean forward with elbows on your knees and be comfortable again.
- All things bathroom-related are so much easier!
- You take a nap instead of passing out for hours and hours, still feeling tired.
Practitioner: Dr. Amy Scheible