Italian Wedding Soup with Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef or chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 1 Tbsp dried
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box Nut Thins, finely crushed or rice crackers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt an pepper to taste
- 2 quarts chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice see link in recipe notes
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all meatball ingredients. Roll into small meatballs, less than 1 inch diameter. Place on a baking sheet and bake until done, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add 1/4 cup broth, onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice and meatballs and simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Add kale, spinach, salt and pepper and simmer an additional 10 minutes.