Egg Drop Soup
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided no added sugar or oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in 1/2 cup chicken broth on medium heat.
- Add remaining broth, garlic, ginger and arrowroot and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl with a spout, beat whole eggs with egg whites.
- Turn off heat and while whisking, slowly drizzle egg mixture into the hot broth.
- Add green onions, salt and pepper.