Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup leek, chopped or onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 29 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- In a large pot, add chicken broth, leek, garlic and fresh tomatoes. Saute on medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and spices and cook on low 20 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. (Or blend in a blender or food processor.)