Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp capers
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley for garnish
- In medium saucepan add onion, garlic, salt and pepper
- Cook over medium heat for one or two minutes, until fragrant and slightly softened
- Add cauliflower and continue cooking for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock, cover and bring to boil
- Lower heat and continue cooking until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 – 7 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the mushrooms in a large skillet until golden
- Add chicken and continue cooking until heated through. Reserve.
- Ladle the cauliflower mixture into your blender
- Add Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar and lime juice and process on high speed until smooth and silky in consistency.
- Add capers and pulse just to mix them in and break them down slightly.
- Pour cauliflower mixture over reserved chicken and mushrooms and simmer over low to medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1 cup vegetable