- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce, divided no sugar added
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a rack in the upper third of your oven.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine onion mixture, ground chicken, egg yolk, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, parsley and spices in a large bowl.
- Form meatballs by taking 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture and rolling into a ball.
- Place the formed meatballs into a large baking dish about one inch apart.
- Top meatballs with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes.
1 serving = 4 oz protein These meatballs can be served as an appetizer or atop zucchini noodles with homemade tomato sauce.