Chicken and Bok Choy Soup
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 quarts chicken broth, divided no added sugar or oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups bok choy, ribs and leaves separated
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning Optional
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes Optional
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups yellow squash, chopped
- In a large stock pot, add chicken, 1/2 cup broth, salt and pepper. Cook on medium high heat until chicken is browned. Spoon chicken into a bowl and set aside.
- Dice bok choy ribs and add them to the pot with celery, onion, garlic and 1/2 cup broth. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and green beans and saute another 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pot with the remaining broth, parsley, Old Bay Seasoning, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash and simmer another 5-10 minutes. While the soup simmers, cut bok choy leaves into 1" squares.
- Stir in bok choy leaves and cook until wilted.