Celery Root Soup
- 2 cups celery root (celeriac), diced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 2 shallots, quartered or 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp MCT oil
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- celery leaves, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss celery root, celery, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once until very tender (about 25 minutes).
- While vegetables are roasting, warm broth on the stove.
- In a blender or food processor, add roasted vegetable and warm broth and blend until very smooth. (Be sure to vent when pureeing to allow steam to escape).
- Serve with celery leaf garnish.