Carne Asada Fajitas
- 1 lb skirt steak
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt `
- 4 cups bell peppers, multi-colored julienned
- 4 cups onions julienned
- olive oil cooking spray
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat steak in lime juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika and Celtic Sea Salt. Rub into the steak. Rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large, hot skillet, spritz with cooking spray (omit cooking spray if using cast iron) and sear meat on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer steak to an oven-safe dish (if you used cast iron, you can put skillet directly in oven) and roast 10-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak. Once desired temperature is reached, (see note below) let steak sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is resting, spritz another skillet with cooking spray and saute peppers and onions on medium to high heat until softened.
- Slice steak and serve with peppers and onions. Garnish with lime wedges.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1 cup vegetable Cook meat to desired temperature:
- with a thermometer, rare = 115°, medium = 140°, well-done = 155°
- if you do not have a meat thermometer, rare = touch of your chin, medium = touch of your nose, well-done = touch of your forehead
- Over romaine lettuce with Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- Over Cauliflower Rice.
- With Cauliflower Tortillas.