- 1 lb top round roast cubed
- 3 cups roma tomatoes chopped or diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp French blend seasoning
- Coat roast liberally in garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder and French blend seasoning.
- Sear meat on all sides in a hot skillet over high heat.
- Place seared roast in an oven safe pot. Add tomatoes, celery and onion.
- Cook at 300 for one hour or until beef is tender.
If you don't have French blend seasoning or can't find one, you can make your own by combining the following: 3 Tbsp savory, 3 Tbsp marjoram, 3 Tbsp thyme, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried rosemary (crushed), 1/2 tsp rubbed sage, 1/2 tsp fennel seed (crushed). Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or ziploc bag and store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.