- 1 lb ground beef or chicken or turkey
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger fresh or powdered
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos, divided or Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Xylitol Optional
- green onions, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon coconut aminos.
- Form beef mixture into small meatballs and place in a non-stick pan.
- On high heat, sear the meatballs until the outside is browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together beef broth, 1 tablespoon coconut aminos and xylitol.
- Add broth mixture to pan with meatballs and continue cooking until sauce thickens. (Add more beef broth or water to prevent burning and sticking, if necessary).
- Top meatballs with green onions and serve.
1 serving = 4 oz protein